If you are looking for a healthy, delicious and easy to make dessert, try this Avocado Sago Coconut Milk Dessert! This dessert is packed with healthy fats and very little added sugar. I also added sago which adds a chewy jelly-like texture to the avocado coconut milk blend. The best part? It’s so easy to make. Definitely the perfect dessert if you are looking for something sweet and satisfying yet guilt-free and not too heavy.
- I used the “pulse” function to blend the avocado and coconut milk so that it will have less bubbles.
- Use overripe avocado.
- You can change the creaminess of the avocado blend by adjusting the amount of coconut milk or coconut water. If you prefer less creamy, reduce the coconut milk or increase coconut water.
- 1 overripe avocado
- 400 ml coconut water
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 30-50 grams sugar, adjust sweetness to taste
- 100 grams sago
- 50ml coconut milk
- In a pot of boiling water, add 100 grams of sago. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, then off the stove. Cover and let it sit for 10 minutes. The sago should be translucent by now, if not, just cover the pot again and wait longer. Rinse off with cold water; this helps to stop cooking the sago. If it is overcooked it will be slightly mushy and not chewy. Then strain off excess water
- In a blender add 1 overripe avocado, 400 ml coconut water, 200 ml coconut milk, 30-50 grams sugar, adjust sweetness to taste. Also, if you prefer a less creamy dessert, then add less coconut milk. I don’t want it to be frothy, so I just pulse it a few times. There should be no big chunks of avocado by now. Place it in the fridge to chill before serving.
- Just before serving, add some coconut milk, totally optional, just to give it some contrast in colour and a more creamy texture.