This Mango Sago Dessert is so refreshing and super easy to make. Only needs 5-INGREDIENTS, it’s that simple
Not much sugar added – I can eat the whole lot as it is light and not much sugar added. All the sweetness comes from the mangoes and coconut milk.
This dessert is very popular in Hong Kong and one of the best mango desserts I’ve eaten. The original dessert uses pomelo as the topping but pomelo is quite expensive and seasonal, so I substituted with grapefruit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I do not have sago, what can I substitute it with?
If you don’t have sago, you don’t have to add anything and you can have the dessert like a smoothie. Or you can add tapioca pearls.
- 500 grams mango flesh (about 3 mangoes) 芒果肉 500克 （3个芒果）
- 100 ml milk 牛奶 100毫升
- 100 ml coconut milk 椰奶 100毫升
- 1 tablespoon sugar 糖 1汤匙
- 75 grams sago 西米露 75克
- 1 cup diced mangoes 芒果 切块 1被
- 1/2 cup pomelo or grapefruit 柚子或葡萄柚 1/2杯
- 1/4 cup coconut milk 椰奶 1/4杯
- Cook sago in boiling water for 15 minutes. Then off the stove. Stand for 5 minutes or until all the sago become translucent. Soak in cold water, then strain
- Pour all the mangoes, milk, coconut milk and sugar into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a jug. Then add the sago. Mix well.
- Pour into serving cups or bowl. Top it up with some diced mangoes, pomelo or grapefruit and coconut milk
- Soak the cooked sago in cold water to stop the cooking process, if not the sago will become soft and mushy
- Sugar amount depends on sweetness of mangoes or preference