Crème Caramel is one of my favourite desserts. This Steam Crème Caramel recipe is simple to make. The texture of this steam custard is silky smooth and creamy. I have tested this recipe with quite a few different combinations and methods. This final recipe is really good, you have to try it!
Important tips and updates:
- Leave a gap at the lid when steaming to have even heat distribution
- Steam time depends on mould size/material and heat level of your stove
- Steam time is very important, if you over steam, the custard will be rough, but if you under steam, the custard will not set.
- Use low heat to steam, if you use high heat, the custard will not be smooth
- For caramel, don’t wait till the colour turns too dark before switching off the stove, the caramel will be bitter
- Only remove from ramekin when ready to serve.
- 1/4 cup or 50 grams castor sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- additional 1 tablespoon water to be added later
- 2 eggs (cold)
- 25 grams castor sugar
- 1/3 cup or 80 ml evaporated milk (cold)
- 2 tablespoon condensed milk (cold)
- 200 ml milk
Step-by-step method for Steam Crème Caramel | 焦糖布丁: