Steam Trio Egg is a classic Chinese dish. This Chinese steam egg recipe is a combination of 3 types of eggs which are salted egg, century egg and normal chicken eggs, hence the name Trio eggs. You can order this Steam Trio Egg dish usually at the “Tai Chow” ( ie Chinese Restaurant usually at a non-airconditioned coffeeshop or shoplot)
I order this steam egg dish quite often. However, its very simple to do. The steam egg in this recipe is very soft and smooth.
- While mixing the salted egg white and eggs, use a fork or chopstick to mix. Do NOT use a whisk as it will create alot of bubbles.
- Before steaming the eggs, remove any bubbles on the surface of the eggs
- Steam at low heat. If you use high heat, the surface of the eggs will not be smooth
- Be sure to leave a gap at the steaming lid, this is also to ensure the eggs will be smooth after steaming
- 3 eggs (room temperature) 鸡蛋，室温度 3个
- 1 salted egg 咸蛋 1个
- 1 or 2 century egg 皮蛋 1个或2个
- 300 ml water (room temperature) 水，室温度 300毫升
- 3-4 cloves of shallots 洋葱 3-4瓣
- 2-3 tablespoon of vegetable oil 菜油 2-3汤匙
- some spring onion
Watch Video for Method on Steam Trio Egg Chinese Recipe | 蒸三色蛋 | 蒸三黄蛋: