Steamed Tofu Chinese Style is very easy to do and super tasty. Chinese steamed tofu taste absolutely delicious with warm bowl of white rice or on its own as a snack.
Tofu on its own is bland and tasteless. But once you pair the steamed tofu with some fragrant sauce, the steamed tofu taste very delicious. In this recipe, I made steamed tofu with shallot oil to bring out the aromatic flavours in the sauce coupled with a few other seasoning. The tofu can be eaten cold or steamed for this recipe.
|4-5 min||6 min||10-11 min||2|
- 1 piece of silk tofu (300 grams)
- 3-4 shallots
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2-3 sprigs spring onions (finely chopped)
- Prepare wok for steaming. Preboil the water.
- Open the tofu packet (if its difficult to open, use a knife and cut at the sides of the tofu packet), flip upside down and place the tofu onto a plate or bowl. Ensure that the plate of bowl can be steamed at high heat and is used for serving
- Steam for 6 minutes on high heat
- Fry the shallots in low heat until golden brown
- Add light soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Stir a few times to mix the sauce well.
- Remove and pour onto tofu immediately.
- Garnish with spring onions. Serve
Video on Steamed Tofu Chinese Style | 葱油豆腐 recipe: