Comfort food brings me the most joy. Especially these DINNER ROLLS “MILK BREAD ROLLS” when its made easier with a “RICE COOKER” and its comes out SOOOooo SOFT and FLUFFY!
Cooking tips for Milk Bread Rolls using Rice Cooker:
- Milk, lukewarm. ie if you touch the milk with your finger, it should not feel anything, not hot or cold.
- Eggs at room temperature.
- Cooking time may vary with different rice cooker. You can feel the top part of the bread, if not sticky, then its cooked
- Cooking time will be different if you use another function. If using RICE function, cooking time is about 50 minutes.
- Recommend to spread oil to the rice cooker pot. Based on feedback the bread got stuck to the base of the pot ( I did not brush a layer of oil onto my pot because its NON stick ) Hope this helps!
- 300 grams bread flour 高筋面粉 300克
- 60 grams sugar 白糖 60克
- 150 – 160 grams Milk 牛奶 150-160克
- 1 egg (+/- 50 grams) 鸡蛋 1粒
- 50 grams butter 黄油 50克
- 5 grams yeast 酵母 5克
- 4 grams salt 盐 2克
- a little butter 黄油 少许
- a little icing sugar 糖粉 少许
- Mix bread flour, sugar, salt, egg in a bowl
- Add in milk and mix until form a dough
- Add butter. Knead until dough become smooth and have a bouncy feel
- Cover dough and proof for 40 minutes or until double in size
- Shaping the dough: Remove cover and knead dough a few times to remove the air bubbles. Flatten dough with a roller. Fold over the dough and repeat another 2 times. Roll into a log. Cut into 8 equal pieces
- Place each end side up into the rice cooker
- Cover and proof another 20 minutes. You can test by pressing the dough gently, it should feel fluffy
- Set the rice cooker to “bread/cake” function. Set timer to 25-30 minutes. Press start. Once done remove and cool on wire rack
- Brush butter on top of bread and sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve
Full video recipe for Milk Bread Rolls using RICE COOKER “牛奶面包卷”: