Dalgona coffee has gone viral lately. Apparently it started in Korea and became a Tiktok sensation. Its a beautiful coffee with nice silky frothy coffee cream on top of ice milk. And the best part is there is no cream or whipped cream. Its only 4 ingredients, coffee, sugar, water and milk. I was so fascinated with it that I tried it myself and yes, its yummy and so refreshing and easy to do. Well with a bit of whisking! This recipe is for those that do not want to use a mixer.
- I use a sieve to whisk the coffee mixture first. Then swap to a whisk. Its easier this way. Alternatively you can use a whisk or a mixer right from the beginning
- Use a round base bowl instead of a plate
- You can add chocolate or milo to your mixture to make Mocha Dalgona Coffee
- When whisking, its up to you whether you want to achieve soft peak or stiff peak for your coffee cream. I prefer soft peak because when you drink the Dalgona Coffee, the coffee cream will slowly absorb into the ice milk.
|Prep time||Plating time||Total time||Serving|
|4-5 mins||30 seconds||4-5 min||1|
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 200-250 ml cold milk
- Ice cubes for 1 serving
- Pour the coffee, sugar and hot water into a bowl. Start off by using a sieve to whisk it for about 2 minutes until lighter brown colour and thicker consistency
- Then change the sieve to a whisk. Continue whisking until you get soft peak to stiff peak. Its up to you whether you want soft peak of stiff peak.
- Pour cold milk into a glass. Add ice as much as you like
- Place the coffee cream on top of the ice milk. Make a swirl or a pattern you like. Tada!
Full video recipe for 5 minutes Dalgona Coffee without Mixer “Dalgona 咖啡”: