Steam Chicken with Ginseng Root helps to revitalise the mind and body and cool excess heat in the body. By adding some goji berry and dried longan, this dish has a distinctive aromatic sweet and slightly golden bitter taste. This is the ultimate comfort food and it is so easy to make and very healthy.
- This recipe calls for American ginseng root. This is different from the Korean ginseng root. American ginseng root has “yin” cooling properties, whereas Korean ginseng root has “yang” properties. ie. it increases heat and blood circulation in the body.
- 1 Chicken thigh approx. 300 grams 鸡腿 1个 300克
- American ginseng root 5 grams 特级白羊参须 5克
- Goji berry 9 grams 枸杞 9克
- Dried longan 9 grams 桂圆 9克
- Water 300 ml 水 300毫升
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon 盐 1/2 茶匙
- Marinate chicken with salt for at least 1 hour
- Prewash ginseng root, goji berry and dried longan. Place in the big bowl (bowl used for steaming, preferably ceramic or porcelain)
- Place chicken thigh on top of herbs.
- Pour in 300ml water into the steaming bowl.
- Cover bowl and steam for 30-35 minutes on high heat
Full recipe video for Steam Chicken with Ginseng Root “鸡腿蒸羊参须”: