So tasty, you get the natural umami, smoky, earthy flavours from the mushrooms and sweetness from the mangetout. For this recipe, I like the mangetout tender with a bit of crunch. We have stir fry mushroom and mangetout every Chinese New Year as we have vegetarian for breakfast on the first day. Nowadays, I cook this dish very often as it is super tasty and easy!
- 4 large dried chinese mushrooms 冬菇 4粒
- 200-220 grams mangetout 荷兰豆 200-220克
- Water 40ml 清水 40毫升
- Cornstarch mixture – 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch 玉米淀粉 3/4茶匙, 20ml water 清水20毫升
- Salt to taste approximately 1/2 teaspoon 盐 1/2茶匙
- 40 ml vegetable oil 菜油 40毫升
- Soak mushrooms for 4 hours or until soft
- Cut the mushrooms into thick slices. Set aside for frying
- Wash mangetout and remove strings. Set aside for frying
- Prepare cornstarch mixture. Mix the cornstarch into the water
- Heat up wok at high heat
- Pour in vegetable oil
- Add mushrooms. Toss a few times
- Add mangetout. Toss a few times
- Add water.
- Cover wok 1-2 minutes. Reduce to medium heat while wok is covered. If you want crunchier mangetout, recommend to cover wok less than 2 minutes
- Add salt to taste
- Add cornstarch mixture. Mix the cornstarch mixture again just before adding in.
- Increase to high heat.
- Continue frying until mangetout is tender but has crunch.
Full recipe video for Stir Fry Mushroom and Mangetout |冬菇炒荷兰豆: